Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Free Punch.

I feel quite accomplished. I've read two books already this month. I'm sure I wont finish a third, but I sure as hell am going to try.

I get pretty side-tracked. Not that theres anything so monumentally enthralling outside, beckoning me ever so softly, but still.

I had to go to Borders today and Bret wasn't working. Some chump rung me up. He wasn't a bad kid, it was just that he didn't give me an obscene discount. [And, I bought an obscene amount of books- on a gift card...].

Later I wound up at an exhibit at the high school where I saw my old photo teacher. She wasn't surprised that I had turned my focus to English. She also wasn't surprised that Alex no longer lived in Canada or spent a duration in Cambodia or India. Does anything surprise anyone anymore?

I still can't find last years desk diary. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I have postcard stamps in the pocket in the back and I need them. [I'm thinking about a piece for my arm by the way. CHRIST the train horn is blaring. why for choochoo, whyfor?]

I can't decide if I'm going to cut all my hair off or not. Ya'll have seen me with this long hair. It is long son. L-O-N-G. I have to cut someones hair this weekend. Then they are going to Texas! I would like to go to Austin. Unfortunately, I'm actually looking for flights from LA or Portland.

If the band Harvey Milk and I were in a torrent love affair, I would describe as such: "Yeah, we're not really happy in this long distance relationship, I just need to feel his touch; yaknow."

2 comments:

Idlehanz said...

Be careful. tx is the land of belt buckles and boots. beautiful country, but deadly redneck. A connection through Portland is adivised. If you can get a layover. Portland has much to offer.

rebecca said...

I'm not going through Texas. I've been to San Antonio. They don't like New Yorkers much. I think I'm driving through Portland---this is so tentative--its like weekend plans when you have a bad urinary tract infection!